- Single layer application
- 18-24 months durability
- Easy to apply
- Adds gloss, water and dirt repellency
What Is Hydrophobic Coating?
Hydrophobic coating is a multi-purpose, water-repellent coating. Many people use hydrophobic coating as a sealant for bikes, boats, automobiles, and more to protect paint jobs and prolong the lifespan of the paint. Most hydrophobic coatings have a material mixture known as fluorinated polyurethane elastomer. Applying a hydrophobic coating to a surface, such as an automobile, helps repel fog and moisture. This makes it easier to see when you are driving while providing paint protection and rust prevention. These coatings usually last about one year before you need to reapply.
What’s The Importance Of Using A Protective Coating?
When you’ve invested in a vehicle, you want to protect your investment. Over time, the molecules of a surface shift and change, allowing dirt and rust to build up and corrode surfaces. Using a hydrophobic coating will offer rust prevention and protect the surface which helps the product last longer.
Many sealants and wash products for boats and cars don’t last very long. Using long-lasting hydrophobic coatings will help prolong the look of your vehicle by repelling water droplets that can corrode it. Our hydrophobic coatings have anti-static properties that repel dust and dirt particles, reducing the need for frequent cleaning.
Why Use Gtechniq EXO?
EXOv5 delivers a hard film that makes water spots easy to remove, offers great resistance to all wash chemicals and can help withstand micro-marring. It produces a high-gloss, warm-looking, extreme hydrophobic finish.
It has a consistent film that is more durable and resistant to road salt and wash chemicals than its predecessors. Application is easy, with a slow flash-off time, giving more time to achieve a perfect finish.
Backed by scientific technology, our Gtechniq EXOv5 protects and offers easy application with up to two years of durability from one application. We provide this high-performance paint protection product in both 30 mL and 50 mL sizes. All of the above combined with the introduction of a good degree of swirl resistance means EXOv5 represents a major leap forward in Last Surface Protection (LSP) technology.
Ready To Try EXOv5 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating?
If you’re ready to extend the life of your bike, boat, or automobile, we invite you to try our EXOv5 Ultra Durable Hydrophobic Coating. Our products have helped improve the paint protection of countless vehicles over the past two decades, and our surface coatings can help improve yours, too. Order yours today!
- EXOv5 can be applied as a standalone sealant or as a top layer for Gtechniq C1 Crystal Lacquer or Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light (CSL) – we recommend applying C1 or CSL as a base coat for easy to mark and dark paints
- If you are applying over C1, EXOv5 should be applied a minimum of 4 hours, but less than 12 hours, after you finish the C1 application
- If you are applying over CSL, EXOv5 can either be applied straight away starting the process at the same place you did with CSL. For best results wait two hours before applying to let the product flash-off longer
- Ensure that your vehicle is out of direct sunlight but warmer than 5 degrees celsius, is completely dry and will stay dry for at least 12 hours after application
- Wipe down all surfaces using Gtechniq Panel Wipe and a Gtechniq MF1 ZeroR Microfibre Buff Cloth (apply the Panel Wipe to the cloth and buff – not directly to the panel) – if you are applying over newly applied C1 or CSL, this step is not required
- Shake the bottle well and wear gloves
- Prime the AP2 Ultra Soft Foam Filled Applicator evenly with a good amount of product so that the pad is damp
- Apply with applicator provided in overlapping strokes to a small panel or half a large panel. Wait 1 to 2 minutes after applying to a panel and buff with an MF1, followed by a second MF1 to remove any smearing, leaving the surface slick
- Once you have finished coating your vehicle we recommend repeating the process starting from the same place as you did for the first layer and coating panels in the same order so that you coat your entire vehicle with two layers of EXO
- Allow the coating to cure for at least 12 hours before getting wet
- After application we recommend that you do not wash the car for at least a week
- Store in a cool, dry place
- Use within 3 months of opening